Friday, October 3, 2008

Off the Wagon

I figure I can do anything for about 20 days. Then it either is no fun, or boring, or I just can't keep my enthusiasm up.

Case in point: Eating Healthy.
I did pretty good most of September with my intention of Healthy eating habits and trying to lose weight. I did it for about 20 days.
Psychologists say it takes 21 days to create a habit.....so you see how my 20 days is a problem here. If I could just last one more day, I might not be in this pickle. MMMM, sweet pickles on a big soft white roll with egg salad and a chocolate shake-- yum-oh-- but I digress...

20 days is all I'm good for-- then I'm munching on sweets and eating popcorn and buying pie.
I did my "good" 20 days and now I'm on the next 20 of poor eating-- crazy binging and just plain not caring.

Where did my willpower go?

Who took will?

Did someone hide my power?


I guess I could just look at the calendar and see when the next "good" 20 will start, and just plan on this type of rotation. The problem in the past has been I did my good 20 and then my bad 200--- so maybe 20 /20 is a great option for me. I'll treat this as some aha moment I should be happy I finally came to , instead of being sad that I've fallen and I can't get up.

I'll start my good 20 again any day now.....I'm on to myself.
I can do it!

No comments: