Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Laughing and Crying

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with chocolate!

I don't know who said this, but I love it. It's true and funny for me at the same time.

I love to laugh. It's better than crying...but I love a good cry too.

I'm trying to deal with my food/life follies with humor.

If I can find the funny , then I can get through to the next moment.

I found this comment today by Jack Handy of Saturday Night Live fame--

“If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting”

I hope there's more in me than enchiladas. I hope I have more substance than that. I want to be god-like. I want to think higher thoughts.....I ...I...I don't want to give up hope!

I have a righteous crush on Pres. Uchtdorf. I think he is so handsome.... "a silver fox." My boys laugh at this. But really he could tell me anything--even if it was boring-- and I would just listen forever...as long as I could see him that is.

It was great to hear what he said about hope, this past weekend, in Conference.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"Hope is a gift of the spirit...a principle of promise as well as a commandment, and with all commandments we have the responsibility to make it an active part of our lives and overcome the temptation to lose hope."

"No matter how bleak the chapter of our lives may look today, because of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ we may hope and be assured that the ending of the book of our lives will exceed our grandest expectations."

"The things we hope in, sustain us during our daily walk. They uphold us through trials, temptations, and sorrow. Everyone has experienced discouragement and difficulty. Indeed there are times when the darkness may seem unbearable. It is in these times that the divine principles of the restored gospel we hope in, can uphold us and carry us until once again we walk in the light."

So, I laughed and now I'm crying again. Thanks E. Uchtdorf--- I just love that man.
I hope all is well!

No comments: