Friday, October 17, 2008

Pedometer worries

Wayne got me a pedometer.
Wayne has been wearing one for years. He has gone through so many pedometers, or lost so many pedometers, that now he has found the ultimate one. It reads your aerobic steps as compared to regular steps. It converts it to miles. It stores previous days steps. All good right?
I don't know.
I'm conflicted when it comes to my pedometer.
It's always with me...but I don't really love it.

Going for the 10,000 steps a day is a good goal. Sometimes I feel happy when I check out my pedometer at the end of the day and see 1o,078....other days I go to bed depressed...a 3,765 day is not good, a less than 1,000 step day sends me to depressionville.

When I do reach the 10,000 plus goal, I just take off my pedometer and don't wear it the rest of the day.. Wayne finds this ridiculous. I should see if I can get 11, 12, 15, 16,000 step days as well. We are of two different mind sets on this. He's competitive with his pedometer, I am not.

My pedometer is just one more thing to worry about.

Plus how do I keep this pedometer on my body. I don't have that many pocketed pants.
I have to wear a belt, because of the lower waisted pants I wear on my no-waist- no-bum body I inherited from my dad. So I'm already thick around the middle. Now I add my cell phone and my pedometer to that. I have so much around my waist I feel like I'm wearing a Batman utility belt.

I didn't really love my Pedometer....but then I lost it.
It fell off my belt somehow and I was without it. I searched everywhere! Then I was out walking one morning with my good friend, Diane, and there was my pedometer, just lying on the grass by the side of the road. Hmmmm....I don't know how it got there. I was rejoicing. What was lost was now found. I could count my steps again.
Yeah!
"Holy Cow Batman, how many steps did I get today?"

1 comment:

barbyb said...

ha, ha--"Batman utility belt"--you kill me. . .