Friday, October 10, 2008

Pie Sale at Marie's

Have I told you about my love affair with Pie? ? I get so excited when I see Marie Callendar's having their $6.99 pie sale....oh it makes my heart flutter. My two favorite months are October and February and all because of the Semi Annual Pie sale!!

I love all kinds of pie. There truly isn't one I don't like. I eat everything. Chocolate, Coconut, Banana and Double cream Lemon Pie. Pumpkin, Apple, French Apple, Cherry, Fresh Strawberry, Triple berry, Cream cheese blueberry, Peach, and Rhubarb. I will even eat the dreaded MinceMeat Pie if it has enough rum sauce over it.

My mom has always had a pie night, the night before Thanksgiving. She started this when I was little. My mom is a great pie maker. She makes about 20 pies at Thanksgiving, then we eat them all the night before turkey day, that way we're not all full. She created the "russian " serving for Pie night..It's called a "one-of-each." Say it really fast and it sounds russian. IT's a beautiful thing. A plate with a sliver of each kind of pie on it. Yum.

I remember, one day, on some crazy diet, way back when, after eating watermelon and protein for weeks, that I could have an entire day dedicated to eating pie. I lived at Marie Callendar's. IT was amazing. I ate and ate and ate. I was sick!!!
That hasn't stopped my love affair with pie though.

I buy a BHS Brave card every year just because it has a free slice of pie with entree section....I can have free pie all year!

I love Rhubarb pie!!!
I have my own Rhubarb pie club: Me and Wayne, Addison, Eric J. and Eric B.....are all in the click. We know what a great pie this truly is. Heat it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you've got yourself a lick the plate clean type of treat!

Well.....enough rhapsodizing about P. I. E..

This year is going to be different.
I will stay in control and not let the Marie Callendar pie demon over take me.

I'm not going to go one afternoon and buy a french apple pie and eat it all by myself, where no one can see and be disappointed in me. Then quickly hide the evidence. Box in the trash, wash the tin. No, I'm not going to do this. And......

I'm not going to go to lunch there with my friends and then get the free pie with the meal and order it "to go" because I'm so full and on "a diet." I'm not going to say I'm taking this home to the boys, and then eat it in my car as I drive home. And....

I'm not going to collect all my tins and go down and have an almost "free" chocolate satin pie because I've saved up so many tins. I won't get my almost "free" pie that feels like a gift, so I have to eat it.

I won't do this, not this time.

I just won't turn on the tv and see the Pie ads and I won't drive down 5th south....I'll drive another way so I can avoid the pie sale sign altogether. Yep, that's what I'll do.

Wish me luck!

No comments: