Sunday, October 12, 2008

Recession shmeshion!

My friend asked me out to lunch the other day. She picked me up and asked where I wanted to eat. When I mentioned restaurants that weren't necessarily diet-legal, she said we couldn't go there, in an effort to support me in my craziness.
I was in a mood---
I had just been listening to the coming "lack" on a tv program, and had a mind shift.

I told her, " I'm going to eat what I want, when I want with whom ever I want, where ever I want....after all we're in a recession!!!
Who knows where my next meal will come from?"

We ate pie.

I'm going to be so sad, when I'm actually going to have to eat out of my food storage or72 hour kit--not sad because of the situation. I say bring it on!! (The food will probably be tolerable.) But I'll be sad because of my memories of all of the wonderful food I've passed up in my life for the sake of my diet!

All this will come back to haunt me when I'm sitting in my bunker using my wind up transistor radio trying to listen to the state of the world.....hmmmm...scarey thought. I'd give anything for a chocolate bar at that point.

IDEA: Find the chocolate bar that has the longest shelf life and put it in my food storage!
On second thought, I would probably have to have someone do this for me, but not tell me about it so I wouldn't know that the chocolate was in my basement.

If I know about the sweeties down there , they won't last.

Eat, drink and be merry?

No comments: