Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Night of the Newborn Lamb

Wayne couldn't wait to give me this painting...so I got a Christmas present really early this year... Nov. 29th.  But I'm not complaining.  I love it.  Wayne's cousin Kathy Ashcroft painted it.  It's a giclee print of her original.    This photograph does not do it justice.... the lamb just tugs at my heart.  I may have had tears when Wayne surprised me with  it.  

"The Night of the Newborn Lamb"  


There is a lot of symbolism in this painting. Our Savior, Jesus Christ has been called the Lamb of God and so the lamb itself symbolizes the Christ Child.
The subtle cross behind the lamb and the red stripe coming from his side symbolizes the crucifixion.
The cloth represents the swaddling bands that Mary wrapped her newborn babe in and it also represents the burial linen that was left gently behind upon Christ's Resurrection.

The olives in the foreground represent the Atonement of our Savior, this sacred act that occurred in the Garden of Gethsemane is the single most important event in the history of mankind.

No comments: