Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Day #23 Gratitude

I'm grateful for service.
I got to visit a sweet lady in our ward this morning down at Orchard Cove, Liz Belliston.  She has had a very different life from mine.  She never married, was a career woman.  She had sisters who lived around her who have since moved away  and a mom who lived with her for awhile.   So she has family around but not close and all busy with their own families.  She has had bad health lately with hernia surgery,  knee replacements and falling down and hurting her arm and hand..and just in and out of hospitals and rehab centers.  It's really sad.  I enjoy visiting Liz though.  She is very interested in what's going on in the ward and with my family.  She is good at remembering.
Liz reminded me of a funny  Laila story, that I had totally forgotten.
When Laila was about 4 she was climbing around under the benches in our chapel during sacrament meeting.    She found a brass round electrical outlet cover .  She popped up in the middle of the meeting and announced, "Hey I found the Golden Plate!"  
So funny.
What a sweet memory.
I'm thankful for Liz and her life.   I'm thankful for her Laila memory.  I"m thankful for the opportunity to serve.

No comments: