Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day #1 of Gratitude

I try to always live with a grateful heart, but I love this season of Thanksgiving which  puts gratitude in the forefront.   I"m going to practice 24 days of Gratitude between now and Thanksgiving.

I am so grateful for my testimony of  Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for his atonement in my life .   I am grateful for his redeeming love which continues to renew me.    I have had difficult, dark times that I was only able to get through by leaning on God and turning it all over to him.  I know he lives and I know he love me.  I know he hears me and he answers when I pray.   There is so much I don't understand, but I do understand that whatever I"m going through, it's better with my Heavenly Father by my side.   I know I'm a Child of God and that we are all connected.  I know Love really does conquer all, and this love comes in and through Jesus Christ.  

I have been working on a Relief Society lesson from Sis Oscarson's talk, "Do I believe."  It's a great talk  about getting the gospel from our heads to our hearts, and remembering those pivotal moments in life when one has to rely on faith and testimony and the question of "Do I believe" comes to the forefront and needs to be answered.  I've answered YES time and again to this question.   For my lesson I could talk about my sons coming out as Gay, I could talk about Laura Belnap getting in an accident in China, I could talk about Wayne coming off the plane from China totally dizzy and messed up, I could talk about my Mom's, Dad's and Marcie's deaths and their impact on me, I could talk about so many "Why I believe" moments in my life.....but the one I am going to share is when Laila fell and hit her head and was life flighted to Primary Children's with a cracked and bleeding skull.  Wayne was in China.. I felt so alone, and then not alone at all knowing there were so many people on both sides of the vail pulling for this little angel.  I knew whatever happened to her..if she had to go to heaven, ...... I knew I believed that family is forever and I would be able to raise her in the eternities.  It was impressed on my heart so strongly.  It was a wonderful "Do I believe?" moment answered by a resounding YES in my heart.  


No comments: