Saturday, November 19, 2016

Day #18 Gratitude

I'm grateful for Time Out For Women.  I have really enjoyed this program that Deseret Book puts on with it's authors as inspirational speakers and LDS musicians.  I have gone to it for the past 6 years.  I remember the last time we took mom in November of 2012.  It was a struggle for her but she was determined to go and fill up her cup.  I've gone with family.....  I've gone with friends..it's always sold out and crowded. SO........

This year I wanted to do something a little different with this.  I got the DVD of many of the speakers for this year and I invited family to join me for dinner and a Favorite Things exchange and then the watching and discussing of 2-3 speakers.  This way........

We didn't have to find parking or fight the crowds.  We sat in VERY comfy chairs and watched the big screen, which if we went into the event we would end up watching the big screen anyway because of the chair situation.
Wanee, Jill, Tami, Angela, Lexi, Lindsey, Shelbi and Jesse ( Lexi's friend)  were all in attendance and we all LOVED IT.

We watched Alissa Parker talk about her daughter getting killed in the Sandy Hook Shooting and the aftermath of angels in her life.
We watched Michael McLean talk about his 9 year faith crisis and how the Lord answers our prayers in so many different ways, we just need to open our eyes and hearts and recognize this.
We watched Brad Wilcox talk about having a Sense of Humor and it's benefits...and choosing JOY in our lives.

We will do TOFW this way every year!

No comments: