Thursday, November 20, 2008

3 Docs

We went to 3 doctors on Tuesday.
Monson and I went to the dermatologists for mole and skin issues.
Truman went to the Dentist for wisdom teeth and canker issues.
Then at 5:00 that night -- Laila said, "Mom, look at the weird stuff on my tongue." I screamed as I gazed at the large red bumps on the back of her white tongue.
We raced to First Med and found out that she has major Strep....

We went to 3 doctors in one day! What is up with that. This is not planned into my monthly budget. These equal 4 co-pays and $160.00 in prescriptions, add Wayne's bills and Laila's bills and Landon's bills to that, and ..... and all I can say, is thank goodness for Insurance.

Insurance is my friend.
I pay a little bit at the beginning and a little bit more in the middle, then my insurance kicks in and pays the rest.

I wish there was other insurances in life, like Food Insurance or Diet Insurance.
I eat this now, and even though I eat the rest, someone else gets to have the calories.

I Know I'm always reaching for a food or fat analogy....but it would work. All those people starving in Africa can have some of my extra calories and poundages that I don't want to pay for.

The problem is...I'm always searching for analogies as an excuse for not doing what I know I should be doing. MODERATION and EXERCISE.

3 docs in one day....

1 comment:

So Not Telling You said...

When I saw the title I really, really hoped you were talking about shoes, Chicka. Stressful and frustrating and worrying and...oi!

The stress is punishment enough though - we don't need to punish ourself with more pounds and food hangovers to boot.

Hope everyone heals up quickly!