Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day is HERE!

I am so happy this Holy Holiday has arrived.
This is a no pressure holiday.
It's just all about family and food.
We went around the Holiday table today to say what we are thankful for... I tried to remember some of what people said.

Truman is thankful for the gospel, missions, and family.....and Team Jacob ( this is a Twilight allusion)
Monson is thankful for 3 plates of Mashed Potatoes and gravy, family and ....that's it.
Laila is thankful for the Girl Table. She sat on a table with all of the girl cousins...this was dubbed Team Edward.
Landon is thankful for cars to drive, and friends who are family. So thankful we came down in family units to love and support each other.
Addison is thankful that his mom makes everyone go around and say what they are thankful for. Family and Food were top on his list.
Wayne was thankful to be in Bountiful this year for Thanksgiving and not in China. We were in China over Thanksgiving last year. We ate Peking Duke and sang "For the Beauty of the Earth" to our Van driver.
I am thankful for the power of the priesthood. I know this is why Laila is still with us. I'm overwhelmed at this beautiful blessing. I'm thankful to have support and comfort from family and friends who bring so much into my life.

Laila wrote this for school. (She has great handwriting, by the way.)
I am thankful for my family because they love me.
I am thankful for Ms.Halverson because she loves me.
I am thankful for my friends because they are nice to me.
I am thankful for my food because it makes me wild.
I am thankful for the sun because it can make me see.

She read it to me then added, "I could have written more, but my hand hurt and it would have taken like a thousand pages."

Thanksgiving is over and we are on to the next Holy Holiday.....!!

No comments: