Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Binge

My yo- yo dieting...binge and restricting days are over... but I'm still wondering and working on the binge.   Binge eating isn't about the food or the binge...it's a symptom of a bigger issue.    It's "no thinking" eating.... it's stuffing down feelings.  It's a reaction to a deprivation or a restriction and that doesn't just mean with  food.  The deprivation or restriction could be any part of a life-- family, career, hobbies...... and then binge eating is the response.

I've learned that a Binge is a good time to check in on what's really happening.  Look at the binge with curiosity and not with judgment.   Why eating?  What's going on?  It's holding on to my body with compassion and realizing it's part of human experience... and treating my self with more kindness.

I'm really looking into and figuring out Self Care.... taking that walk, or bubble bath.  reading, Journaling or blogging.  Connecting with friends and reaching out... Planning a get away...instead of bingeing.    All self care.

I'm going to Yoga tonight for the first time in  a decade. Getting in tune with my body is going to be a good thing.

No comments: