Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Welch World... Welch World

What's happening in our Welch world?

I got to play assistant at Si Foster's cooking class. I really love doing this but.........well,  She's the serious cook, and I am the comic relief.  I was particularly comical during her Baby and Bridal shower foods class.  I told her I would wear a wedding dress and cry like a baby  to add to the motif, but she said no, just chop and stir and clean.  While I was doing my  assistant duties, I  had just finished stirring some orange glaze on the stove top when I turned to check the rolls in the oven, then turned back to explain the oven situation to Si, when I hit the pan filled with sugary orange glaze for the rolls, and it flipped up land all over everything...the grill, me, and mostly the floor.  We grabbed the pan quickly to save a bit of drizzle for each roll, but it was a sugary mess.   We all gasped, then laughed and I explained this is normal for me in the kitchen.  I just put paper towels on it, and really wanted to get a picture of it, but knew I had to forge on with frosting the cupcakes.  I was standing on sticky paper towels, they were sticking to my feet.  I really wanted to grab my camera, so I could show the mess here.... but I finally just had to clean it up because my shoes were stuck to the floor.
 This is why I won't ever be on the food network.
This, and my lack of cooking knowledge.

Addison and Bre had their Final for Directing and Choreography scenes.  I had been hearing so many good things about a "Turkey Lurkey" Dance that Addison choreographed for his final that I was excited to see it.  It features 3 girls dancing their guts out.  I understand it's even better if you can get Addison to dance it with his tall, angle-y frame.  Anyway,  we were able to watch scene after scene with Addison, Bre and  Landon featured in them or having directed them  or choreographed them.  It was very impressive.  Bre and Addison are such a perfect match.   Bre is sooooo good in South Pacific as well. It opens next week at Center Point theatre.

Truman went to an Epic Jazz Game Monday night.  4th row center right by Pres. Uchtdorf.   It had triple overtime and the Jazz won.  He had a nice friend girl take him, and he was definitely spoiled.  He has 4 more days with us then he is off to California for summer pest control sales til Aug 22.  I just like looking at his face.... so I'm sad it will be going away again.

Truman was so sweet and powerful during his homecoming talk this past Sunday.  The spirit was  strong and you could just feel the love pouring out of him for the gospel and for the British people.  We had way too many people at our home afterwards to feed...and not enough food.  I loved having all of  family and friends support, but I needed to plan better.   We ran out of everything except meatballs.....

Landon and I are starting a Green Smoothie/ Raw food/ Salad  way of eating for 30 days.  We are getting all of the processed foods out of our system, and hopefully in the mean time, lose a little weight, but more importantly help Landon with his headaches.   Processed foods could really be the culprit here.  We are going to find out, and get healthier too.  We have been reading up on it, watching DVD's and talking to my cousin, Laurie Drean to help us get off to a good start.
How to make a Green smoothie

Laila has 3 shows going on this week.  Her Creative Arts Dance show, where she is in a Michael Jackson dance routine and an Autumn contemporary one.    She also has South Pacific final dress rehearsals this week, and rehearsals for Joseph at BHS  for April 28th.  IT's a wild ride right now. Late nights and little homework time.

Monson has been out 3 months with two different companions already.  He  is on his 3rd transfer this week, heading to Owosso, Michigan to be a Trainer with a new companion in a new area....totally white washed.  I hope he has learned enough in his short time out to be of value to this new missionary.  Monson has always had the confidence, now he just needs to stay humble.  He sent a funny drawing of himself.  HE says, " Brother Thompson our branch mission leader here is the best and craziest grandpa ever! haha and this is his cartoon of me after I showed him the McSnitch. I'm not sure why he thinks I have pink and gray hair but he does."  Monson's McSnitch is a McDonald's double burger and a McChicken sandwich all together in one sandwich.  

Wayne and Bob are in China for 10 days... I love facetime and I love skype.  These days are a lot easier to have him gone, than when I had lots of little boys driving me nuts but I still miss him.....immensely!

No comments: