Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Green Smoothies

We have begun the Green Smoothie...raw foods for a MONTH challenge at out home.   We are all on this bandwagon:  Me, Wayne, Landon, Laila ( a modified version), Momma Sheri and Poppa Lyle.
Today is day 4... So far so good.   I have had a small sugar headache, no runny bowels and I feel full all the time.

How I make a Smoothie:  I start with Kale and Spinach with some water and ice and blendtec it up to liquid, then add carrots, an apple, banana and frozen strawberries, some flax oil and stevia and blend it up to a bright green smoothie.  IF I add blueberries, it turns brown..... either way the color could make you stop....but the nutrients and benefits make me continue.  I just close my eyes and sip.   I am amazed how much I like them.

I may be putting to much hope in the power of the Green Smoothie.... I am hoping it helps Landon's headaches to just go away. (Processed foods could be the issue with his migraines)   I am hoping to lose some weight.( already down 6 lb.)  I am hoping it will help with Wayne's high cholesterol........ and Laila's poor nutrition habits... and Mom's chemo/caner  recovery, and Dad's high blood pressure and diabetes and the list  goes on and on..... I think it might even bring about world peace.

Good news:  I don't have to think about what's for dinner for a month!
Laila and Heather Kofford  trying their first Green Smoothie:  Laila doesn't like the banana in hers.  Heather gave it a big thumbs up.

1 comment:

~Erin~ said...

Melinda, I just wanted you to know that I LOVE your blog. I read all your posts and enjoy every minute of it. It looks like you and your beautiful family are doing well. Best of luck with the green smoothies, I'm trying to get my husband on board to do a juice fast with me....he's not buying it. But maybe I'll show him how well you guys have done on it and it will change his mind! Cheers!