Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Ute Football

 

Wow...it was a great weekend for football.  Michigan won the Big 10 championship which is HUGE in the Monson and Lexi household.  ANd Wayne and I were down in Las Vegas for the Pac 12 Championship game that Utah won.  Being at that game was crazy, fun. It was a sea of REd…(very little green which represented the Oregon Ducks.) It felt like a home game.  The Raiders stadium was SOOO noisy.  Like sound decibels that will affect hearing loss. 

We had great seats… at one point we “oldies’ wadded up napkins and stuffed them in our ears… finally Jackie found some ear plugs for us at the first aide station and we were set.  They were the foamy multi color ear plugs.  It was so noisy that when Laura passed them to Eric he thought they were candy and popped them in his mouth like a highchew.  He quickly spit back out and then we all had a good laugh.   It was a great game right from the first quarter.  So glad to have this memory.

Now the Utes are on to the Rose Bowl...and Wayne is in mourning.  We are supposed to be heading to Israel that day--

Allegiant Stadium


We survived the loud stadium because we had ear plugs.

Eric and Laura Belnap, Wayne and Melinda, Jackee and Ben Belnap and Kelon Oberg.

Warning:  Traumatic story ahead...but one that must be told to show how HUMAN I am.  We went down with Eric and Laura and their kids - Ben and Jackie and Kelon Oberg.  It was a ton of traffic and accidents on the way down.  So it was a 3 1/2 hour drive from St. George to Vegas.   I had to go to the bathroom so badly… but I kept looking at the clock in the van-- not realizing it hadn’t changed over to vegas time.. And I thought it was 5:00 and the game was starting at 5:00, so I knew not to ask this HIGH octaine FOOTBALL group for a potty stop.  This was a huge mistake.  When we parked and I said we were needing to run… everyone reminded me of the time change and we still had an hour before the start...but now there’s no bathroom in sight til we walk a good ½ a mile to the stadium.  I was dying.  At every step urine was spurting out. I had no muscle control - (I need to do more kegels)-- and I was a mess by the time I got to the outhouses outside the stadium.  My light blue levis were not my friend.   I was so glad I had a sweater I could tie around my body that would hang down and cover up the fact that I peed my pants.  It was a disaster.. I tried to clean myself up as best I could and I was happy to be standing most of the game.  So embarrassing.  Moral: Always ask for a potty stop even if you will be inconveniencing people.

No comments: