Tuesday, December 28, 2021

I wish...

I am deeply in love with my family right now. They are such good people who are just striving to figure life out and to do what’s right and to love each other and be good citizens. 

I want to be my children’s biggest cheerleader and help them learn to trust themselves and find their path. Just as the God I believe in is doing for me.

As my young-mother-person I made so many mistakes but I wouldn’t change most of that because that’s what got us to be where we are and who we are now. 

But…

I wish I would’ve equipped my kids more with good spiritual skills to be able to separate God and Jesus from my specific church.  When they left my church they left God behind too.  I wish I focused less on Mormony facts and policies so they could leave my church and still have a strong spiritual God life. They could rely on a higher power and not just themselves.  They could always know a loving God of 2nd and 3rd and million chances.  They could be buoyed up in the hard times and have the good times all the sweeter because God is in it.  

I think it would’ve served them better had I done that. 


No comments: