Tuesday, December 21, 2021

3 levels of Christmas

Merry Christmas Week!

 I love this time of year.  

It’s so easy to speak of and think on Jesus. I know that Jesus was born and lived and died for me..for all of us..whether you believe it or not.  At Christmas we celebrate this babe in the manger…who brought love and light to all….but it’s more than that.  

I was reminded of the 3 levels of Christmas.  The first level is all about Santa and elves and presents and gingerbread houses…and the fun trappings.  I love this level, it brings joy to myself and to my grands.

  The second level  is centered on the babe in the manger, with silent night and wise men and angels…it’s filled with Christmas hymns and peace.  I love this level…I like looking at all my nativities and remembering this night, it brings peace to my soul.  

The third level is the living Christ who taught us to take care of each other, to help and love on the marginalized.   It’s about His atonement and Grace that gives all of us do overs and do betters and be betters. It’s the Christ of second and third and a million chances.  I love this 3rd level of Christmas. 

Without the babe in the manger we wouldn’t have the Christ on the Cross and without that we wouldn’t have His beautiful gospel that encourages each of us to be more like Him.  Jesus has influenced the world more than any other person who has walked on it.  The calendar even started over at his birth.  Even Islam and Buddhism recognize him as a great, wise, loving being.  

I love being a believer and being a Christian.

No comments: