Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas Morning

Christmas Day was great.  We had Monson and Lexi and girls sleepover so we had their excited squeals on Christmas morning opening everything from toothbrushes to much-wanted toys.   It was great having Markus here as well… it made Laila’s Christmas so much better.  She’s my grinch around Christmas, but Markus loves Christmas so I think this will lighten her up.  We gave Laila Pots and Pans and a nativity and she actually cried… something for when she moves out.  I also painted an image of Jet in my colorful style wearing turquoise glasses - it’s fun,  and some other gadgets and clothes etc..

Markus flew in on the 24th and leaves Monday night.  They have been going to family party after family party… and just trying to keep themselves and all of their relatives happy.  It’s a job.  

The gift I was excited to give Wayne was of Jesus holding a lamb- called Amazing Grace. Wayne talked so much as a bishop about finding the one, and how we are all the one..and we all need a Savior.  So lambs have special meaning for him.  

Wayne got me snowshoes and new cast iron roasting pans!!  And Rose bowl tickets, to make up for the no Israel trip.

We gave our boy's families either a little giant ladder or a lifetime folding table.  It’s not a year of awesome, like last year…but very useful. 

Tru has been sick ever since his all expenses paid, fly on a private jet and see all the broadway shows weekend.  Omicron?  He’s had 4 negative tests, but he still feels yucky, so he stayed away over Christmas…. We have yet to see him..

We wrapped the living room up so you couldn't see anything-- like we used to do when Laila was little.. and then the little girls burst through.  IT's very dramatic. 





I've been making rice Krispie treats for Christmas morning since we had littles and My mom always made foil-wrapped rice Krispie treats for us when I was growing up.  It's a great tradition.













One of my favorite things I do on Christmas day... solely for me is get out Grandma Butters Royal Dalton china with the gold chargers, gold flatware and gold goblets and have a formal dinner.  I love it. 








No comments: