Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful Wayne is on his way home from his ten day China trip. Ten days...count 'em. The last time he was away this long, I was with him. The time just flew by. This time it dragged like an old bumper falling off a car! I'll see my guy in 5 hours!!! HAPPY DANCE!

I'm thankful the swine flu is not in China.... (Wayne didn't go to Mexico this time.)

I'm thankful that I only gained four pounds while Wayne was away and not five. What's up with me?

I'm thankful for Spring like weather....although this also means yard work is just around the corner, and I don't like yard work....I'm more the indoorsy type.

I'm thankful that Addison's eye operation went well and he's recovering nicely....the Lortab definitely help. He needs to be good enough to drive to Yellowstone on Saturday. Wish us luck!

I'm thankful for Laila and her cute Jungle Book Show. She is a kick. Her lines are very enthusiastic and filled with meaning and gestures. She is a great advertiser too. She made fliers, passed them out and called her little friends to come and watch her....she needs an audience. She is very RED! Love this girl of mine.

I'm thankful I'm leaving for St. George next week....more teacher time and testing students, but sun and fun also!

I'm thankful

1 comment:

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

Of course you get the credit for the best banana bread EVER! Sandy photocopied the recipe for me more than 5 years ago and it was from a church style cookbook (you know the ones). It is tattered, smuged and worn but I'm still hanging on to it. It specifically says your name on it and Sandy even refers to it as Melinda's Banana Bread. Brad and Gabe both LOVE it! A lady at Brads work also said it was the best she had ever tasted (I sent Brad with a loaf for her today) We will devour the other loaf ourselves! Love you too!