Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Remember

Memorial weekend we did all of the usual things.  Sunday night 1/2 of the Welch family gathered at the Farmington Cemetery to talk about and remember Tom Welch.   We tell stories and always bring creamies-- since he loved ice cream so much.  We always sing, "Love at Home."  In the picture we were missing 15 of the people who were playing with the kids at the park...but we took a picture anyway.  Most of Terry's family was in attendance.  Brad and Natalie from Sandy's family.  Amy and Kimberly's family with Jane and Steve  and Monson and girls with Wayne and I.  Plus Wanee and Holly.   Many family members were out of town this weekend.

Monday we headed to the Lakeview Cemetery where my  Parents, Marcie, and Grandparents are buried and where Preston will also be innurned.  
I had one Mom memory book that wasn't packed away because we are trying to sell our house, so I took it to the cemetery and we read and shared some stories about her.  We sing "Once I went in Swimming" to honor my dad and eat snickers and choco chip cookies, and we sing Love One Another for my Grandparents and my mom.   It's nice to be outside and to remember.

Also on Memorial day we went to a movie-- the Little Mermaid at Station Park.  Rosalinda went with us. 


No comments: