Friday, April 26, 2019

Thought work

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” - Robert Frost

I have almost everything I ever wanted.

A great family.

Close friends.


A beautiful home.

Strong Testimony of the Gospel.

Good Health.

A job I like.

Fun vacations.

Yet despite having these things, sometimes I don't feel amazing.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't feel better.

My life seems great, but something is off.

MY THOUGHTS.

The lower brain is always running the program- "Something's wrong in my life" or "Something's wrong with me."  It offers these thoughts up like it's helping me. But it's not.  Thought work gives me the awareness I need to keep me curious and fascinated and interested when negative thoughts come my way.  I can say to my lower brain-- "There is nothing wrong with my life, there is nothing wrong with me.  I hear you.  Your opinion is noted.  Thank you for doing your job and keeping me alive, but I am just fine. Get in the backseat lower brain, I'm the driver!" 

Thought work is amazing.  Knowing how my brain works is so helpful.



No comments: