Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter

Happy Easter.  I love when Easter is later in April and not the end of March.  SO many blossoms on trees, and tulips and daffodils, and gorgeous weather.  It feels full of new birth and promise.  I was grateful to go to church and hear about Christ and his crucifixion and resurrection.  I have a strong testimony of my Savior and his goodness.  I know He is my God of second and third and three-hundredth chances.   I know because He is Risen,  we too can rise again with all of our loved ones.  What a glorious time this will be.  

 Our Easter Weekend was GREAT-- we did the traditional Welch Family in the Park Picnic.  Sandy got us all together at Pond's park in Kaysville and so many showed up.  Wayne and I were thrilled that Alex brought Sophia and Andrew for us to play with.
We did the Candy Egg hunt-- and found 15 eggs each. Two were filled with dollar bills thanks to Papa Wayne sneaking it in there once they found the eggs.  He's a hoot.
 Moving on to the hill for Egg CHUCKING.   We had to work around the soccer field, but we did it anyway.  Andrew and Sophia colored eggs with me on Wednesday and I took them there for the destroying.   I remember the few times when my kids were little when we actually very slowly and civilized rolled eggs down a hill til they cracked then peeled and ate the hard boiled eggs. BUT....
 ...that took too long, and the boys didn't want to eat hard boiled eggs  any way, so we just started throwing and chucking eggs off the hill side to watch them explode!  It's a gift to the birds.   If the eggs don't explode, then Andrew and Sophia run down the hill and bring them back up to the top over and over again.  It's exhausting work-- but fun.
 We have loved our Buzelli time this week.  It's been their spring break, so we have actually been around Sophia and Andrew three times in one week.  Wednesday with egg coloring- cookie making- and park time. Saturday was filled with candy egg hunting and chucking and then they all came to Sunday Easter Dinner.  Perfect.

No comments: