Wednesday, April 17, 2019

I Am

I am…… by Melinda
I am from a mother’s ringing bell; from a father’s “kerloo” and a long
telephone cord.
I am from the hidden, yellow house; from the 25th anniversary deck with
sprinklers hanging in the oak trees.
I am from the morning glory and the roses.
I am from a dancing mom and a dad who knows everyone.
I am from pie parties and Sunday circle time; from Lyle and Sheri, Grant and Eulala.
From hair cuts from Grandpa, Annie-I-over, and swimming all summer.
I am from the The Color Code and 5 Love Languages.
From people are more important than things and love one another.
From Liz not winning in baseball, so we all piled out of the car and played another game.

From Angela marching and wheezing around the condo’s at Bear lake.
From Marcie crying on the stair well while Mom pumped her back up.
From Adam getting his chin stitched up again.  
I am from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I am from Bountiful, Utah, the UK and Germany, roast beef and
mashed potatoes,
home made donuts and hot scones.
From the flexible schedule, the damn I’m good license plate

and hands pulled in for “forever.”

No comments: