Monday, April 15, 2019

Don't have to want to, just do it anyway.

No one wants to change a poopie diaper.
Many people don't want to go to work, go to school, go to church, do homework or put the kids to bed.

Here's what I know.  It's okay not to want to.  Just do it anyway.

I don't want to eat no sugar/no flour, make dinner, clean the bathroom, do my school phone calls, work on my business, but I do it anyway.

Our lower brain thinks it's helping us when it offers up "Oh, you don't want to do this.  This is too hard.  This will take time and brain power.  Just stay in your comfort zone.  Just eat and watch TV- you are good at that."
BUT.....
Staying in my comfort zone means zero growth.

We can get awareness over our lower brain and stop the self-sabotaging.

A great thought is, "I do the things that are fun and easy and I do the things I don't really want to because that's the person I want to be to grow into my best self."

I'm starting a new business.  A new me at age 57.  It's scary and fun to think about, and uncomfortable and joyous all at the same time.  For me to turn my life coaching training into a viable business I need to get uncomfortable.  I need to do things I don't want to do. I need to tell people I'm a life coach and make offers and if they accept or reject, make it mean nothing about me.  I just do it anyway.

So when my brain offers, "I don't want to," my response is, "I'm so glad you (brain) are so good at doing things I don't want to do.  I don't have to want to.  I'm just doing it anyway.  My future self will thank me. "



If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you’re willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy -
T.Harv Eker

No comments: