Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Genuinely ME

This is my dad.   We were going through pics to find some of my Mom and her theatre career for a big award we are receiving on her behalf at Center Point Theatre's Gala June 1st.  Well in all of the searching, we found this.  It stopped me in my tracks.

This is dad being the Most LYLE he can possibly be in 1987. He's my age.   He always said he wasn't very Fun.  But I disagree.  It didn't come natural for him, and he had to make himself have a flexible schedule while on vacation but he was always one to drive the boat, put on the water skis, play the ball game, do his "silver bullet" dive into Grandma's swimming pool, pull funny faces and sing the silliest of songs. LOVE HIM.   Dad was just genuinely himself.  He didn't have to put anything on for any one. 

GOAL:  Be the me-est me I can be.  I want to be the most Melinda I can be.  The most Melinda-y.  It's a choice. 

No comments: