Friday, April 19, 2019

Emotional Eating

Hello, I'm Melinda and I am an emotional eater.

I was looking back from what I wrote on my blog over ten years ago and it's all about my weight journey and  my emotions surrounding it.  In fact, when I started blogging in 2008, my blog was called "Sick of Chub" because I was and I still am.

I can will power my self through "healthy eating" for a couple of weeks or months, but then I'm tired of white knuckling it and that chocolate chip cookie is calling me and my day is ________ so I eat.

I am grieving my people's deaths...so I eat.

I get antsy...so I eat.

I have a transition from computer work to Laila coming home...so I eat.
Or
transition from school work to life coach school work... so I eat.

I am studying something new....so I eat.

I'm watching grandkids and they are eating.... so I eat.

I'm gearing up for housework or yard work...so I eat.

I'm trying something I don't know how to do...so  eat.

I'm celebrating...so I eat.

I'm sad....so I eat.

I'm bored...so I eat.

Ten years ago I was devastated that I was at 162 pounds and wrote a whole treatise about it.  https://melindawelch62.blogspot.com/2008/09/162-lbswhen-did-i-get-to-be-162-pounds.html

Ten years later, after roller coaster weight loss of as low as 140 pounds and weight gain as high as 183 pounds I'm still at 162. 

Here's what I know.  It's not about me taking pills, eating bars, or using my will power.  It's not about me being on a diet plan or drinking smoothies, or eating keto-style. 

It's about me being an  emotional eater.

This is good news.  Knowledge is power.  I'm in charge of all of this.

I have power over my emotions because my thoughts create my emotions.

I can choose to think what ever I want.  I am the thinker of my thoughts.  My thoughts are just sentences in my head.  I can choose the ones that serve me BEST!

Emotional eating-- you are going down!

No comments: