Sunday, July 1, 2018

Cooking for Mitt


 My famous - foodie friend, Si Foster of A Bountiful Kitchen is really something.  She is such a good cook, with all sorts of opinions and passions about food and recipes..and she has 50,000 followers on social media...but most importantly she's one of my besties.  She was asked by the Mitt Romney campaign to throw a luncheon for Ann Romney and share recipes and talk food and family at Thanksgiving point.  Si graciously accepted.  She did an amazing welcome and introduction and it was fun to see her with all of her FANS. 
me with my co horts in food ... Kathleen Newman, Mel Evans and Si Foster
 Ann Romney is a lovely person and I was happy to sit at her table and ask her questions.  I remember going to a luncheon when Ann's cookbook came out and Mitt had just lost to Obama.  She said we are NEVER running again..and she meant it.  But when Mitt was asked by the big Republicans and Orrin Hatch's office to run..they couldn't say no.  I'm glad Mitt is going to be in Washington..one way or another. 

 The food was great and the day was gorgeous.   You can see my little head off of Si's shoulder.  Bre and her sister Kiersten also came... Bre is on the top level just right of center. 







No comments: