Sunday, July 22, 2018

Mamma Mia... what a weekend!

-->  My July birthday friend- Linda Wangsgaard  and I threw  our own birthday party!!!! We invited our friends and fam to see Mama Mia 2 with us…and then Tony Burgers for dinner after.   It turned out great!! I really liked the movie..it was a lot more tender than I thought and I shed quite a few tears in between  singing and dancing in my seat.    I need to go again and really just sit on  the back row and let loose.  




-->
 Wayne took me to see Phantom of the Opera and dinner to celebrate.  We loved it.  It’s such majestic music and the scenery was cool.   We remembered the first time we saw Phantom… it was  right after it came out and was now playing in LA.  We went down to Cali with Marcie and Gary and they had some hair dresser friends tend our kids while we ran to Phantom.. because of traffic we got there late and we were racing up a stair case to get to our seats.  It was crazy.  I think Sandy and Clark were there too…??   We all loved it and couldn’t believe how moving it was.   It really is kind of a weird story about a psycho path phantom, but what makes it likable is realizing how he just needed to be loved.  When Christine hugs him and kisses him in the end, the transformation is palpable.  We all need to get better at loving the unlovable.  

My Friend Jan took me to lunch and gave me this funny mug... Exercize?... I thought you said Extra Fries!



-->
Handcart Days in Bountiful means Friday night parade and fireworks.   We went to the parade with the Belnaps and sat in the shade… it was still hot..and waved at the floats.  We went because Laila was on the  BHS officer float.  She was darling and even better, the BHS float was #6!   We also got to see Nelson Call with the Wells Fargo float and Stockton Welch on the Chic-fil-a float that he was in charge of creating.  The kids love this parade because of all of the candy that is given out.  Tayla sat on the curb with her sunglasses and candy bag and did her best to get a piece of candy with all of the other kids running out to get candy.. she wasn’t being very successful, so I –the grandma-  stepped in, pushed a few kids down , and filled her bag.  Okay I didn’t push any kids, but her bag got filled.  She was in heaven.  We were all happy the parade was relatively short. 



No comments: