With Halloween right around the corner, my thoughts have been turning to candy. HALLOWEEN is Laila's favorite holiday. She can't wait for the night and plans her costume and parties months in advance.
My favorite candy bars will not be a surprise. I love chocolate and nuts....
When I am perusing the candy aisles or grabbing an on the road snack at Maverick...these are my go to candy bars in order of preference:
1. Dove Dark -- I am reminded of an NYC trip with the Belnaps where we searched for the perfect dark chocolate treat. We bought a different "brand of dark" every where we went. I was in dark chocolate heaven along with Wayne and Eric. Laura just rolled her eyes and thought we were crazy.
2. Milky Way Dark-- a total improvement to a regular Milky Way. Love how it melts in my mouth!
3. Snickers -- I love when my kids get this bar in their halloween loot bag. They were great to share with me and with Grandpa Lyle, when they were little. Now they like this candy too. But I get all of their Almond Joys and Mounds!
4. Salted Nut Roll/Almond Joy (truly a tie) I craved Salted Nut rolls when I was pregnant with Tru. I couldn't get enough. I made sure I had a supply in my cupboard. Maybe this is why Tru ended up being a boy?
5. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups-- easy to share......' Nuf said.
I love Peanut Butter M& M's too, although not a "candy bar".
You can have all of the fruity, chewy candy...Starbursts, Dots, Skittles, Gummi Bears, Laughy taffy etc.... Gimmeeee Chocolate!