Monday, December 28, 2020

Thoughts and Gifts

Truman did not get me or Wayne a Christmas gift.  

I couldn't believe it.

I am a gifts girl in the 5 Love Languages...and I like gifts... I put a lot of belief that when I receive a gift it means that person thinks of me and loves me.  I know in my heart of hearts that they love me with our without a gift, but at Christmas time, at least something should be given, right?   

I know this is just a thought.   And actually, this thought didn't serve me.

I stewed on this for days.   

Truman didn't get us a Christmas gift!  "What's up?  Is he not grateful?  Am I not a good mother? Does he not believe in Christmas?"

I was distraught and sad about it.  

"Why didn't he at least say something?"   

I believed this for three days, then on Dec. 28th, as I woke up I remembered the LuluLemon jacket and LuluLemon exercise pants that Truman gave us the beginning of December as our gifts, and said, "Merry Christmas."  

The sun came out!

I felt loved and respected.  I felt happy and relieved....and devastated that I had so many ill-feelings toward Tru.  

Actually, nothing had changed except my thoughts surrounding it all.

Once again I can see how thoughts create feelings, and how thoughts can change on a dime.  I can believe a new thought instantly and new feelings are generated instantly as well.   

 IT was a good reminder lesson for me. 



No comments: