Thursday, December 10, 2020

Elf Magic

I picked up Tayla’s Elf on the Shelf.  WHAT!?!  Tayla saw me do this and she panicked.    She was so disappointed in her Meema.  My Tayla had tears in her eyes, fearing that her Christmas was ruined.    I didn’t understand the rules associated with these elfs on the shelfs  which include you DON’T TOUCH THE ELF!!    I immediately dropped the elf and told her not to worry, Meema’s have powers that can put the magic back into Christmas elves.  I did a most convincing incantation, waved my arms, mumbled some jumbo and “poof” all was restored.  Tayla was so grateful.   


A few days later Tayla accidentally touched her elf.  She was mortified.  Tayla was alone, looked around, then she waved her arms like she was doing a spell, muttered the magic words…and poof…a relieved smile. My Monson told me that he saw all of this on their ring door bell video camera. He didn’t know what she was doing at the time, but  then Tayla informed him that Meema taught her how to restore her elf’s power.    Turns out my mistake saved Tayla’s Christmas after all!  




No comments: