Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Day


CHRISTMAS MORNING... for the three of us.  I was determined for this to never happen while Laila was growing up.  Bre agreed  ( since she was years behind her siblings, and didn't like small Christmas mornings, of just her and her parents. ).... and was always willing to have her, Addison and the kids with us for some little kid excitement and squeals, but with Covid.. we slept in til ten ( I had a headache ) and then moved into the living room.... it was just us three.   We made the best of it.  Laila never asked for anything for Christmas and we totally surprised her with a Nintendo Switch... she was overjoyed!!



Wayne got me some books and ruby and diamond earrings.  Plus I got me some fun clothes, and a necklace.  Laila got me some perfume.   Wayne and I are still trying to go to Israel this summer.. so for the second Christmas in a row that's what we gave each other.  


Wayne came out of the basement for a bit, and satin the corner masked and with an air purifier at his feet.  HE's being such a good sport around all of this.  His covid symptoms have been no taste, no smell, sinus issues, fever etc... at least he can breathe.  

I made a roast beef and mashed potato dinner with hot homemade rolls and Lail and I ate... then we packaged it all up and delivered the rest up to Monson's family.  Monson is still not doing well with his covid symptoms.. it's been three weeks, two hospital visits and still on oxygen.  When he goes off his oxygen drops and his heart races...at least his cough has stopped. 

I love this poem that my cousin wrote around Covid and Christmas. 


The gift we gave our children was food storage and batteries.....boring...but essential.  It all went along with our thoughts of if you are prepared, you shall not fear part of our  YEAR OF AWESOME - Hope for a better WORLD!!


We are going to do Monthly gatherings, service projects and challenges together!  


 

No comments: