Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Eve


With a Covid house.  Christmas eve began with me putting on my mask and Santa gear and delivering presents to all of my boy's households.   I was Meema Claus taking around the presents, but also distributing my food stuffs for Christmas Around the World that I purchased... macaroons, Onion soup, Pain au Chocolat.... etc...  And French flags.  
Addison is finishing up Covid...so they felt fine being around me for a bit for this pic of Alfie and Poppy.  
SO this is Christmas!   I did a quick costume change and put on my french scarf and beret and did our 6th annual Christmas Around the World celebration for just Laila and I.

 This year we visited 🇫🇷 FRANCE. With Covid at our house and Wayne quarantining in the basement and everyone staying away, I served  up stinky cheeses, macaroons, quiche, black truffles, croissants, pain au chocolate, Martinelli’s and French onion soup ( in FRANCE they just call it onion soup). Laila tried to like it but in the end she was starving, so we ended up at the McDonald’s drive through for frites and a ham-ber-ger... 🤷🏼‍♀️ that I ordered in my best French Accent of course.  When I was in FRANCE and when Laila was in France we went to a McDonald’s for drinks and a bathroom so it seemed fitting.  Oui oui. 😂Joyeux Noel🎄😍





We Zoomed everyone in for an hour... Addison's family entertained us all with Alfie singing "Let it Snow"complete with choreography. Poppy sang ALL of " Partridge in a pear tree" while she danced around in her Christmas dress. And Addison and Bre put faces on their chins, and lay upside down singing us a song. I sang everyone "So this is Christmas" and I cried. We had everyone talk about a christmas memory or something they like about Christmas and ended by singing "Were you There." It was sad for me... I told them all I might as well be on a mission since we can't be with everyone.

Laila and I watched "A year without a Santa Claus" and then she went to bed. Wayne was down stairs... not around.... so I did a puzzle and watched and cried through "It's a Wonderful Life." For the first time I saw Wayne as George Bailey... giving up so many dreams in his life, working so hard, struggling with health issues ( dizzy) yet earning so many freinds, that his life is truly Wonderful. I know if we were in any kind of struggle, or financial difficulty that we would be surrounded with love.

I like my Christmas's full of family and hugs and snuggles and noise and mess and littles running around and acting out nativities and no masks and ..... I know at some point we will return to this. Even with this different type of eve I still love Christmas. It will continue to be my favorite holiday. It’s a time to celebrate my Jesus so what’s not to love?

No comments: