Monday, July 17, 2023

Broken foot again

 This summer I have set some FUN goals.  I started tapping atleast three days a week and piano lessons..where I try and practice every day.  Last summer I was in a boot from a broken foot til the end of June and it was a bummer.

Piano is going great.  It's a paid course all about learning chords and playing songs that way.  I love it.  I can play the accompaniment to Lenard Cohen's "Halelujah" and Adele's "Someone like you" and the Beatles, "Let It Be" and sing the melody over it.  I always had this dream of being able to sit at the piano and play and sing and now it's coming true. 

Tap dancing has also been so fun for me.  I bought a board that I keep in the garage and on mornings after my walk I get the board out in front of my computer, put on my tap shoes and a tap dance instruction video found on youtube and learn a routine for an hour.  It's been really fun.

BUT... I broke by 4th metarsal from TAP dancing too vigorously.  IT's the only thing that makes sense.  I have done nothing else.  So I'm bummed.  I'm back in my boot for 4 weeks to heal the hair line fracture. 


Showing off my swollen left foot.


No comments: