Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Women at the Nativity

 I arranged my big nativity a little different this year. I was feeling sorry for Mary, having all the cows and the sheep and the men around when really all she probably wanted was a good woman to talk to. ( and a good night sleep) So…. I put Mary and baby Jesus with a woman holding a lantern, a woman playing music  and woman with a child. I thought about having babies and who I want around me and it’s women who have experience with their own families and lots of wisdom.  Women who buoy me up by sharing their light and women to talk to, laugh, and cry with  and to keep me entertained.  That’s what I wanted when I had my babies and I’m pretty sure Mary would want that too. 




Now I love me some men and I love me some animals, but there are some things that only other women will understand.  Women need Women. 

No comments: