Monday, December 26, 2022

Christmas miracle

 I Had a great Christmas day experience - we had 9 o’clock church and we have been practicing “Were you there” to sing a special musical number in our ward -Landon, me, Wayne, Monson, Lexi and Tayla were singing. 9:00 church  is a big Christmas morning sacrifice and I was so grateful that two of my boys and Lexi agreed to sing with Wayne and I.

“Were you there” is a beautiful song that I love but also kind of hard to sing because we sang at my mom‘s funeral and I always think of her so I kind of cried at rehearsals and thought I had all my tears gone, well, I was wrong. 

Lauta sent this pic of us from her phone

Fast forward…We are standing in our ward now all six of us upfront by the microphone and I turn my head back to take the gum out of my mouth that I forgot, was in my mouth and as I turned back around, I see in the back of the cultural hall Truman walk in looking so handsome, and I actually gasped because I thought he would never darken the church doors again. It felt like the Prodigal son had returned! (I get that we are all prodigal sons)  He has hard time with God and Jesus and all the things —I gasped and then my heart just melted and tears sprang to my eyes and I could not stop crying. I couldn’t sing the song for the first three verses.  Finally by verse four I could sing, but it was just so heartwarming to me that he would do that to support us because he knew how much it meant to me.  

Here’s the deal- my family carried me and the song when I was full of emotion and couldn’t go on.  It was such a tender thing for me to witness — that is what families are and what families do for each other – just like they have carried me through this season when I can't wrap or cook or clean up or do all the things I want to do. 


Funny, Tru came to hear me sing and then I  couldn’t sing, because of him.  But it was very sweet. I told him he won Christmas. And the bishop told us that Landon won for shoes. He wore his rhinestone shoes that he got for the wedding in Brazil and they are pretty stunning and the bishopric all voted. They said, hands-down Landon’s the winner of best shoes.





No comments: