Sunday, November 27, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

 Pie Party and Grandkid Sleep over night.

The Annual Pie Party at the Call's was delicious as usual.  Megan is all over it.  I think we should re name this gathering the Bread Pudding Party because it's that good.   SO good to see all my sibs.  I love this bunch. 

I had a grand kid sleepover Wednesday night into Thanksgiving and I loved it so much I’m going to make it an annual.  Tayla, Lady and Elsie watched movies with me, ate pie, got a bubble bath in the big tub and then off to bed.  Thanksgiving morning we watched the big parade together and it was so fun. 



THE BIG TURKEY DAY:  We were at Landon and Alex’s with 41 Welches/Buzellis.  All my kids and grandkids were there, except for our California two- Laila and Markus. ( they were volunteering at a turkey trot and then tacos at a friend’s home)   All of Tami and Rob’s family except her out of towners- Tyler’s family.  Mark and Jill’s whole family. And Alan and Sonia Buzelli and "adopted" sister Paula and Eric.  Grandma Welch, Holly and Dale.  Alex set up a photo booth for added fun.

The food was great and the laughter and connections were greater.  We had 2 turkeys, ham, 96 homemade rolls, 20 lbs. mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, yams, green salad, mac and cheese, quinoa salad, carrots and cabbage, sweet potato stackers, cranberry sauce, cran apple pie, banana cream pie, pumpkin pie, two types of flan, crumble cookies, and I know I've forgotten something...but it was all delicious!

Landon and Alex are such great hosts and the tables were beautiful.  My mom would love Alex Buzelli and his skill for a beautiful table setting.  After all was said and done, Wayne and I ended up at the Kids table and we were so fine with it.  Those littles are everything!   


We made a funny video doing your best turkey dance, and I had those that wanted to spell out THANKFUL with their bodies..the best part was picking up Grandma Welch to be the cross bar in the H.  She couldn’t stop laughing and I’m just glad we didn’t break her. T=Mark and Jill. H=Monson, Grandma, Rob. A= Lexi Madsen and Emily. N=Alex Buzelli, Bre, Lexi Welch. K= Jeff and Abby. F= Stockton and Alex Madsen. U = Addison and Wayne. L = Tami and Hayley. I was the arranger and Truman was the amazing photographer. HE had us all think thankful thoughts to make this the best picture ever!








Lexi, Monson, Addison, Bre, Emily, Hunter, Maddie, Zach, Kylie, Truman


Stockton, Abby, Jeff, Hayley, Alex, Lexi, Grandma Welch, Holly in her Thanksgiving crown, Dale

Elsie, Lady, Liam, Sophia, Alfie, Tayla, Poppy

So many shoes...means so many people


Wayne and I did our 6th annual run away to SLC and act like tourists on this weekend.  We were at the city Creek Marriott-- looking out onto Temple Square.  The cranes in the pic is where the temple is....it looks really crazy.
We went to the Wakanda Black Panther movie and really enjoyed it and also the Chosen movie really just episodes 1 and 2- -but so good.   We walk everywhere...see the lights and the decorations, shop, eat Mexican food at Red Iguana for me and a Hot pot at Mr Shabu's for Wayne. Watch football, and sleep a lot.  We walked up Capitol hill, down to Memory Grove, up City Creek and back to our hotel.  It was a gorgeous walk.  



No comments: