Sunday, November 27, 2022

My Uncle Steve

My Uncle Steve is one of my favorites.  He always has a kind word and a hug.



He spent all of his working years standing on his feet doing Hair, so his feet are a mess.  He hobbles around at this point.  But he was so good at doing hair and helping women/men feel great.  He gave the fastest  perm which was a big deal in the 80’s and 90’s. His fingers were flying.  Steve was so good at remembering and telling a joke and keeping his salon a positive place to be.  Steve had a ton of ladies who got their hair done on a weekly basis, and they were all so sad when he finally put away his scissors and hung up his comb. 


My uncle has a his, hers and ours family.  Together he and Mary have 9 sons. What could be difficult he has made a blessing. Steve finally got an amazing soul mate in his Mary. He’s so happy to do life with her. Steve has gone through a lot and his testimony of Jesus Christ has only grown stronger.   


I am so grateful for him.  He and his kids played a huge part in my younger years.  We lived in the same ward, two different times.  


Steve is a great trumpet player.  As a teenager he went all over the mountain west playing in churches and talent shows.  I loved when he would play his trumpet at our yearly Christmas talent show at my Grandparent’s home.   “Oh, Holy Night” never sounded so sweet.  He played for the raising and lowering of the flag in my Grandparent’s driveway when he held our BASH- Butters Annual Summer Holiday  - for 20 years.  


Steve spoke at my momma’s funeral and shared stories of her when she was a girl, a teen ager, and young married. He shared aspects of her I didn’t know as her child.  Mom was always his biggest fan.  


I’m so grateful for his love and influence in my life.  

No comments: