Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Music Is powerful

Music has played a big part of my Israel experience. 

We sang “Master the tempest is raging” on a boat at the Sea of Galilee. Plus “Amen” “This little light of mine” and “He’s got the whole world in his hands.”


Heard a little church group sing on the top of the Mount of Transfiguration “ I have decided to follow Jesus, No turning back. No turning back.” which is now an anthem in  my heart and won’t stop playing in my head as the theme of my trip.  


We sang and I conducted “How Great Thou art “ at St Anne’s church by the pools of Bethesda.  The acoustics were incredible.  I felt like my mom up in front leading everyone, friends and strangers alike,  who wanted to sing in this church. 


I sang “Via Dolorosa” to my bus group after an inspiring devotional by Geral Lund on the Saviors last days.


We sang “I stand all amazed” at the Garden of Gethsemane, and our little group of me, Wayne, Laura, Eric and Mark Buckley huddled in and quietly sang”Redeemer of  Israel” (Eric’s testimony song).  


Wayne, Laura, Mark  and I were invited to sing in a spontaneous choir for sacrament meeting at the BYU Jerusalem center- “I’m trying to be like Jesus”.  We sang this ON the Mount of Olives.  The amazing organ pipes at this BYU center and organist Jim Welch, (Wayne’s 3rd cousin) played “I walked today where Jesus walked” and “ The Holy City- Jerusalem Jerusalem” masterfully.  


We sang “ There is a green Hill far away” at Golgotha and “ He is Risen” at the Garden Tomb.  


As we wandered past Shepherds fields in Bethlehem we sang Christmas carols!  "O Little town of Bethlehem", "Far Far Away on Judea's plains, " "Hark the Herald Angels sing," " Away in a Manger."


Plus with all of the singing on the bus including my testimony song, “As I have loved you love one another”, "Amazing Grace" and "You are my Sunshine,"  my soul is filled. 

No comments: