Monday, November 29, 2021

Thanksgiving weekend with my Sweetie

 This is our 5th annual escape to Salt Lake City for Thanksgiving weekend.  We love this tradition of ours.   It's usually around this time of year that Wayne gets free hotel coupons that need to be used before the end of the year, so it's a perfect excuse to get away.  

We  had MEXICAN food- my favorite at Blue Iguana
We walked all over the city... These are the lights at the Gallivan Center.
We were also there for the opening lights at Temple square.  With Covid last year, we didn't have any lights to see as we walked around the city.  We also had the candy windows at MACY's again this year.

We went to see Pickleville Playhouse's new show at Rose Wagner.  It was a pretty good show... the first act felt pushed, but the second act they settled in.  The best things they do is tight harmony singing, funny characters and TJ Davis is an incredible rapper and song writer.. I'm always amazed at how he moves his 6'5" frame as he dances. 
We ate GERMAN food at Siegfried's deli... we love the brats and sauerkrat there.  ANd it's cheap and old school.
We shopped at City Creek Center and also the huge Costco in SLC.  that's an amazing store!

The Gateway movie theatres are so nice now.  They have updated all of the theatres with luxury, recliner seating.  We saw Ghostbusters...it was really good and sentimental.  When Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray, the original ghostbusters show up at the end I cried.  IT was sweet. 
I love spending time with my boyfriend.  Wayne is such a good man.  He's loving and kind and works hard for me and my family. He is involved in our kids lives and adores his grands.  I just feel so blessed to go through this life with him.  

No comments: