Sunday, November 15, 2020

The First Vision

My homeward had a Celebration of the First Vision on Wednesday night over zoom.  We all submitted a picture of ourselves and a place, way we feel and are reminded of God's love for us. It was beautiful to see all of the different ways His Love is manifested. Thenn.......... the RS committee asked artists in the ward to paint something in honor of this. 

We actually have 3 painters who sell their works and are noted in the arts community share their paintings. These three shared amazing insights and works of art.... they also asked me.

In my own colorful way I thought about what would have happened in the first vision and I decided we went from a black and white world to a colorful one. When God and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in a heavenly visitation, I also believe angels came down and love expanded … so my painting encompasses all of this. 


The painting represents: Our knowledge being expanded, the heavens opening, the world being seen in a new, more colorful way, and two personages becoming one in heart.

No comments: