Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Right or Happy?

Sometimes we argue for our story.

 Our story that is causing us so much pain.

We argue for it because of how our brains are designed to want to be right.

 It's amazing.

We argue:  I had a hard childhood.  My father shamed me over my weight.  My weight is all tied up to my self worth.  Things never work out for me.

We argue:  I have no friends.   Nobody likes me.

We argue:  I can never lose weight.  I am a worrier.  My children don't want to be around me.

What is your brain arguing for?

Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

Choose thoughts that serve you.

I learned a lot in my childhood.  I'm a survivor.  I'm not a victim.  I don't have to make my childhood define me. I can choose to think about it however I want.   My weight is just a number indicating gravitational pull on my body.  I am of infinite worth and completely lovable.  I am worthy.  Things always work out for me.  

I have friends.  I will have more friends.  I am friendly.  I like people and people like me.   I like me.  I'm 100% lovable.  Life is good.   

It's possible I can lose weight.  Weight doesn't define me.  

I don't worry.  Worry does no good.  I will use my energy other places.  I will trust.  I know things will work out.  Life is 50-50 and that's how it's supposed to be.

My children are on their own journey.  I can love my children without having them near me.   I am awesome.  My children are awesome.  

No comments: