Monday, November 26, 2018

Lights On Party


Oh my goodness we had a wonderful night!   Our 3rd annual Lights on Party was perfect.  Once everyone gathered and I brought out the fondue, the enthusiastic response from Sophia with clapping and cheers, made all of the preparation worth it.  She is a wonderful cheer leader and leads her life with gusto.  It's a joy to be a part of this.  My other Grandkids loved it too, just not as enthusiastically.  



 We did our traditional pajamas for everyone and then turned out all of the lights in our home and turned on the Christmas trees one by one, sang a christmas carol and oo-ed and awed over each one.  We passed the candle and said nice, loving things about each other.  Wayne did a share your light presentation showing some of the Light the world videos  and having everyone tell some ideas of what they are going to do to share light like Jesus would have us do.  THEN..... I have decided that when I die in about 30 years... I want "Were you There" sung at my funeral....just like my mom did.  I told the family they have 30 years to get really great at it and we started this practice during our Lights on party.  It as beautiful.  I loved sitting and singing by Sophia...she sang it with all of her heart.      Our music video that we made this night was to Andy Williams, "It's the Most Wonderful time of the Year," because it was!


We were missing our Portland boy Truman and our sick boy Monson....but everyone else showed up to play!   Just how I like it.
My favorite pic of the night...all of the Grandkids loving on Papa Wayne!

No comments: