Thursday, November 1, 2018

Kooky Halloween eve

 Laila got up Halloween morn and put on this amazing face then headed off to school....she is really great at make up  and being an officer has helped her get out of our home and socialize and serve.  We always are impressed by this.    Halloween means I get to put on another costume.  I have had 4 this season ...tonight as I was trying to figure out what to wear, I put on one of mom's wigs and immediately knew this was going to be fun.  I got on an old Cole collection costume, and jewelry and big sunglasses...I even found one of her old Mac lipsticks, and I shocked myself when I looked in the mirror.  Sheri was in the HOUSE.... spooky.
 I felt even more like mom as I pulled 100 scones and fed my kids and grandkids, neighbors and about 40 YSA's.  It was crazy busy for a bit, just how it always was at my mom's home when she was making her famous halloween donuts.
 This is Beauty and the Beast.... I got Wayne this Scottish tam and bad teeth and he was willing to put it on for a few pics.  HE's always a good sport.
 Monson was a lumberjack...hence the ax, Tala was a cheerleader, although every time you ask her what she wanted to be for halloween she said a princess.  Lady was in her lady bug costume, and Lexi came as a basic white girl complete with Victoria secret bag, a starbucks cup , hair in a bun and a scarf.  She thought she was being so clever.
 Christian and Joy Farley showed up as baby, mama and daddy Shark.  They entered with a song and choreography.   This is Joy's first time being in an American Halloween and she was determined to go trick or treating.  They went around with Monson and Lexi.
 Addison showed up as the Ghost of David Bowie...and cute Poppy was a one year old ...that's all.  I love that Addison takes after me and just feels the need to dress up for Halloween because why not.
 We got "Grandma Sheri pics " with Adelaide and with Poppy....it's kind of weird to see me as my mom.  I really do miss her so much.  When I was little Mom didn't love Halloween and figuring out costumes for the elementary school's costume parade. ...but when I turned 10 mom decided to shift her thoughts about Halloween and make it a fun filled night with lots of neighbors around and hot home made donuts instead.   It turned into an extravaganza and we all loved it.  Mom is still legendary in that neighborhood and people stop me and recall fondly Sheri's halloween donuts.

No comments: