Wednesday, November 14, 2018

And God said no....

And God Said, “No.”
Poem by  Fr. Wade L. J. Menezes

I asked God to take away my pride, and God said, “No.”
He said it was not for Him to take away,
but for me to give up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole, and God said, “No.”
He said, “Her spirit is whole; her body is only temporary.”
I asked God to grant me patience, and God said, “No.”
He said that patience is a by-product of tribulation; it isn’t granted, it’s earned.
I asked God to give me happiness, and God said, “No.”
He said He gives blessings; happiness is up to me.
I asked God to spare my pain, and God said, “No.”
He said, “Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to Me.”
I asked God to make my spirit grow, and God said, “No.”
He said I must grow on my own,
but He will prune me to make me fruitful.
I asked God if He loved me, and God said, “Yes.”
He gave His only Son, Who died for me, and I will be in Heaven some day
because I believe in Him, because I love Him.
So I asked God to help me love others as much as He loves me.
And God said,
“Ah, finally, you have the idea – the right idea!”

No comments: