Monday, October 8, 2018

Life Coach

I've started Life Coach school with Brooke Castillo and I am  thrilled.  I really feel like this is what I'm called to do at this point in my life.  I can't wait to help others become more mentally healthy .
This is an online course that will ast for 6 months, and then I will be ready to set up a business and help people.  This school is all about causal coaching...which means instead of just putting action steps in place it goes to the root of all things..our thinking. The Model it teaches says we all have neutral circumstances in our lives, then our thoughts decide if it's positive or negative.  Our thoughts create our feelings.   Our feelings fuel our actions and our actions get us result...so change your thoughts change your results.  I've been working with this model and being more aware of my own thoughts. 

SO General Conference just ended and every conference for years there is always one talk that rubs me wrong.  One talk that doesn't address where LGBTQ people fit in the plan of salvation... Other times I would stew on these talks and get riled up and miserable about it for weeks after but to no avail.  This time, I just looked at my thoughts more and used the model.  I decided to use more loving thoughts about conference and Elder Oaks talk because it served me better.  Instead of being mad or sad-- because I'm the only one feeling the mad and sad-- I changed my thoughts.  I used-- "Everything is how it should be."  "E Oaks is teaching a pattern, he is not dealing with the exceptions and that's ok. " "I love being a part of this gospel even if we don't know everything."  Anyway-- I'm amazed at the peace I have felt. 

It's interesting.  I've learned that when I hate people like-- Pres. Trump-- it doesn't effect him in any way.  It only effects me and I don't want to feel hate anymore.  So I try on more servicable thoughts like-- Trump is fascinating.  It keep me in a state of Love.  Love is for me.  When I have love towards someone else I'm the only one feeling this...and then that love might flow over in the form of service and actions.  But I have loving thoughts toward my ancestors in heaven...and I'm the only one who feels it and it feels great and that's why love is so powerful and a beautiful state to live in. 

I've learned about processing feelings and urges.  About allowing all of the feelings and we are supposed to feel them all and not buffer with drugs, food, alcohol, netflix, social media etc...   We are supposed to have opposition in all things including our emotions ...and probably 50% of our days will be "negative" or "positive" and that's ok. 

ANyway...it's been really eye opening so far.  Now I start coaching others in my group.

No comments: