Thursday, December 14, 2023

Bishopric party


We had our old YSA Bishopric over for a holiday party.  Kurt and Cate Gentry, Jeanette and Mark Harris, Mark and Teri Bateman, Ron and Jo Watson.  We love these people.  We were in the YSA trenches with them for a long time and we have stories to tell-- and laughs to share.  
Wayne surprised them all with his Sour Dough Bread expertise.  We shared good- sad- bad- ugly Christmas memories and caught up on each other's lives.  I, of course, shared the Grinch who stole Christmas, the time I forgot to buy Truman's big Santa present- a bat mobile and he got a gift card for it instead, and Wayne shared the story of Christ picture under the Christmas tree and no presents.  We also talked about how powerful music is in our memories and I shared last year when Truman showed up at church on Christmas day and I was so shocked that I only could cry through "Were you There" while the other 4 people just kept singing. 


 

No comments: