Friday, December 29, 2023

Christmas Day 2023

 Wow... the day is finally here.  I love the holiday season and I love to fill it up with parties and gatherings with friends and family.  This year we did a lot!   It was good since I'm in this new house in Layton Utah to keep some things the same.  This was the first year we didn't wake up to people in our house on Christmas eve-- or being at someone else's home.  It was a bit weird, but we woke early to put the meat on and get the rolls started, then went over to Monson and Lexi's home to watch the girls open presents and see their newly decorated rooms.  It was sweet.  

Landon and Alex and the kids had a relaxing morning and Addison's home was SICK... Bre and Alfie up all night in a bad way.  So their Christmas day was a bit different than usual.
We facetimed Laila and Markus to watch them open presents 

We had our traditional Christmas dinner with Grandma Butters China settings, and gold flatware and gold goblets.  I'm so blessed to have so much of my family right here to participate with me. 
YOu can see the TV on in the background.  It was a football game...that's on with no sound, in honor of my dad who ALWAYS had sports on at his home and always with NO sound.  It's really the perfect way.

We gave our kids tickets to Tuacahn's FROZEN this summer.  We will be down for our family vacay the end of May and we are treating everyone to a Tuacahn show.  We also set up a grandkid game night the second Friday of each month... I'm really looking forward to this, and my marrieds can have a date night. 

Wayne was gifted some personalized stickers for his sourdough bread....they are so cute.  "King of Sourdough.. homemade by Brother Wayne"


No comments: