Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Broken foot

 Well my foot is broken!



On our first dress rehearsal 2 weeks ago.. I ran on stage to break up the Jo and Amy fight after Amy burns Jo's manuscript in the fire and I tripped on my too long slip and got tangled up in my hoop skirt and went down face first taking out another actress and landing on my rig cage.  

Ouch.  I jumped up and kept going.  I don't want to appear as the OLD Marmee.  Finished the scene and then once off stage I took stock.  My knees were skinned and bleeding, my rib cage hurt under my right breast and my right foot was swelling up.  My toes still worked and my ankle was fine...but. my foot!  yikes.

I hoped for the next two weeks that the swelling would go down and the pain would go away..and the costumer hemmed up the too long stuff and got me really good Clark $100 shoes to wear.  I'm still hobbling...so I went to the Doctor on Monday and got an x ray.  

Not good



My 5th metatarsal is messed up!!   But good news no surgery.  I'm in a boot for 6 weeks.  But I will be finishing out the next two weekends of my Little Women show!!  (We've gotten really good reviews and everyone is very touched by this show )

What a relief!! 

Now I'm on the mend.  I'm sad about the no walking for the next 6 weeks.. Walking with Si and others is my therapy.  It's so good for my head.  So now I'm turning to food therapy.  It's my old go to.  



No comments: