Sunday, April 24, 2022

Little Women

 

Me as Marmee, Nick Cash , Josh Egbert,  Madison McGuire, Ben Lowell, Richy Dowse,
Ellie Hughes, Lindsea Garside, Mia Hansen, Wanda Copier


I've been in rehearsal for Little Women the Musical, since March for West Valley Performing Arts Center- the old Hale center theatre.   It has been a joy!  It takes a village to put on a show and this theatre does a really nice, professional job.  The quality is excellent!  


Jim Christian is the director and I'm so lucky he cast me as Marmee the mother and not the old Aunt March.  I'm sure I'll be Aunt March next time I'm in this show since I'm the correct age for that-- but Marmee has my heart.  I love this role. I get to sing two awesome, heartfelt ballads- "Here Alone" and "Days of Plenty", plus sing and dance a polka with my daughters in the show- "Delighted" and play a Hag!   



I have a swing-- which means if I get sick or hurt, she will step in and do my part.  Out of the 16 performances she is guaranteed 2- I do 14, over 4 weekends.  

I hurt my foot!  I've gotten stuck in and stepped on my hoop skirt and too long over skirt twice now and have tumbled to the stage.  Once in a final dress rehearsal-- and I really ruined my foot- broke something, sprained something..but gratefully it's not my ankle, so I'm still getting around.  Plus I feel in front of an audience during the Polka dance-- just stepped on it, and down I went-- I didn't hurt anything the second time, just my dignity.  



The cast is a dream.  There are no weak links! The audience is loving this show-- and the simple lessons of faith, family and going after your dreams.


 













No comments: